32 times faster than a regular compost bin. Independently tested by Garden Organic and voted Best Composting Making Product in the Great British Growing Awards
HOTBIN composting benefits
Rich compost in 30–90 days
- Better for the environment – Recycle all food and garden waste, composts bones and cooked food waste pet waste and bedding
- Easy to set up and use - no back breaking turning or tumbling, undue odour, flies
- Independently tested by Garden Organic and voted Best Composting Making Product in the Great British Growing Awards
- Reaches 40-60˚c which kills pathogens, weed seeds, fly eggs and larvae
- Continuous composter, Leachate collection tap (liquid fertiliser)
- Works all year round
- Fully assembled sealed unit
- Locate on any even surface – sun or shade, self-contained bin (has a solid base)
How does HOTBIN MK.2 work?
The HOTBIN is like no other compost bin on the market, it will quickly chomp through all your food and garden waste turning it into rich, organic compost .The unique material properties insulate the heat generated naturally by bacteria as it breaks the waste down in the HOTBIN. Working as an aerobic composter, air is drawn in through the mesh plate at the bottom and expelled as steam through the valve in the lid. HOTBIN is a continuous composter. Add waste in the top and after 30-90 days, the hatch can easily be removed from the lower part of the bin and the compost removed. The base of the HOTBIN also includes a tap to draw off leachate (liquid fertiliser) from the unit. The HOTBIN is a sealed unit with a sealed base.
What’s Included : 200L HOTBIN, User Guide, Lid Thermometer, 2 Cam Straps, Kick Start Bottle Internal Thermometer, Raking Stick, 25L Bag of Bulking Agent (partially composted wood chip) Size: 115 x 55 x 55cm
What do I need to add?
You will need a minimum quantity of 5 Kgs of waste per week to maintain hot composting. (5 Kgs is 10 litres, one large kitchen caddy the average for a Irish household.) Add in shredded paper or card to control moisture (a good way to get rid of your recycled paper) and bulking agent (partially composted woodchip) to provide aeration.